We guess you are in thought to change the author of a post in WordPress ? Sometimes you need to display a different author for a post, instead of the person who added that post in WordPress. For that, you don’t need to copy the entire post and paste with a different user account. Here we will help you to find the easiest way for changing the author of a post in WordPress. Take a look at the article to know how to easily change the author of a post in WordPress.
Change the Author of a Post in WordPress
Are you want to show your name on a post written by some other WordPress user on your WordPress site? or You want to display a different user as an author for a particular post? Here is the step by step process for you. Have a look through this article and change author of a post.
For changing the author, first you have to make sure about the users of your WordPress site. To know about your WordPress site users, follow the given step by step process.
Check Users on WordPress site
- Login to your WordPress admin area.
- Click on the users option.
- Now, all the users on your WordPress site will display on the screen.
If you want to make any changes in users name then you can change those from here.
How to Change Author of Post in WordPress?
- Find the post or page where you want to change the WordPress author name.
- On the WordPress post edit screen, you have to click on the Screen Options menu available at the top right corner of that screen.
- Now, a fly down menu will appear on the screen with a bunch of options.
- Check the box next to “Author” option.
- Next, scroll down on the WordPress post edit screen.
- Below the post editor, you can find the Author box.
- Now, click on the drop down menu.
- Here you can select different author name which author name you want to show for that post.
- Next, click on the save draft or update options.
- Now, you successfully changed the author name of a post in WordPress.
Note: If you forget to click on save draft or update option then the author name could not be changed.
Change Author for Multiple WordPress Posts
Changing author name by editing is easy for a single post. But it takes more time for changing the author to multiple WordPress posts. If you want to change author for multiple posts quickly, then follow the given procedure.
- Click on the posts option.
- By default, WordPress displays 20 posts per page. If you want to see more posts, then you have to click on the Screen Options and change the Number of items per page field.
- Now, you have to select the posts where you want to change the WordPress author.
- Select Edit from Bulk Actions drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the Apply Button.
- Now, WordPress will show you Bulk Edit meta box.
- Here you can select the WordPress author name by clicking on the drop down menu next to Author option.
- Next, click on the Update button to save your changes.
Note: If you forget to click on update option then the author could not be changed.
We think this article put an end point for your searching. Here you can find the easy way to Change the Author of a Post. If you want to customize your WordPress site then visit our site. Here you can get the Best Guidance on WordPress customizations.